Have you thought about a career in Adult Social Care as an Adult Support Worker? We have permanent Part Time or Bank vacancies.
We are Your Voice Your Choice, a day service for adults with ether a learning disability,physical disability or autism. Here at YVYC we believe that everyone should be themselves no matter what. We ensure that the Adults we support have the same opportunities as everyone else and that their disabilities are not a barrier. We are an award-winning organisation and can offer a fantastic future for those wanting to pursue a career within Learning Disabilities. You would be joining a unique provider who promotes independence for the adults they support. Our main priority for this job role is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own! We’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker. Above all we want someone that shares in our values.
- Confident and have experience in working with young people and adults that may present challenging behaviours. Experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Capable of adapting to different situations
- Planning and participating in outdoor and community activities
- Be empathetic and supportive
- Hold good personal values and want to become part of a committed team
- Have a sense of humour and be a team player, willing to get stuck in
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. Service users are individuals and they all deserve to be treated as such. However, as a general guide, duties include taking part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing such as arts and crafts, sports, drama, cooking, gardening, shopping trips and social occasions. Interested? To find out more, please call JENNY DAY on 07793 534549 for an informal chat.